Physical activity is very important for maintaining good health. It is also useful in the presence of certain diseases, including prostatitis. Exercise for prostatitis has been shown to have a positive effect on the condition of men and may reduce their need for medication. And this is not surprising, because even a set of general strengthening exercises (especially with prostatitis) can significantly strengthen the immune system, improve blood circulation and contribute to the rapid repair of glandular tissues.
What is useful exercise therapy for prostate inflammation
With regular exercise with prostatitis, you can achieve remarkable improvements in many indicators. This effect of exercise therapy is due to the fact that a specially selected complex is directed against congestion, which with a high degree of probability can cause inflammatory processes in the organs located in the pelvic floor in men. If it is too late to take steps to prevent abnormal changes, there are exercises to treat prostatitis, which include breathing exercises and a set of well-developed physical exercises in the deep muscles of the pelvis, legs and abdomen. This regimen is really therapeutic, as it acts on the symptoms and treats well the causes that caused the inflammation.
Through physical exercises from prostatitis, you can get rid of the following symptoms of the disease:
- the patient does not worry about urinary retention - an active load on the deep muscles of the pelvis activates blood flow and lymph flow, which leads to a reduction in glandular swelling.
- due to the outflow of free fluid and toxins from the glandular tissues, pain and discomfort during ejaculation are reduced.
- due to the influx of nutrients and oxygen into the gland, its function is normalized, which leads to the restoration of hormonal balance and affects the general well-being of men - irritability disappears, sleep is normalized, sexual desire is restored.
In addition, increased lymph flow initiates the process of natural protection of the prostate - therapeutic exercises strengthen immunity, promote faster elimination of pathogenic microflora (if any) and reduce the severity of inflammation. In addition, a set of exercises inevitably affects the body of men as a whole, as it strengthens the immune system, makes breathing deeper and fights blood stasis.
Principles of exercise
According to the program approved by urologists, physical exercises for prostatitis must fulfill the following tasks:
- Stimulant - exercise therapy complex enhances blood flow and metabolic processes that cause an increase in phagocytic activity in the prostate area.
- Therapeutic - Exercises cause the regeneration of damaged tissues through a greater influx of nutrients into the gland area.
- Rehabilitation - the exercise therapy complex leads to the normalization of the functions of the glandular-muscular organ of men, to the production of a secret and its release.
- protective - through exercises for prostatitis, local immunity is formed, which inhibits the growth and reproduction of pathogenic flora.
To achieve all these goals, every prostatitis exercise must be performed according to certain standards. First, physical therapy for prostatitis should not be used in the acute stage, which is expressed by the appearance of pain and acute urinary retention. Second, remedial exercise should be stopped immediately when tangible discomfort occurs during its application. Third, prostatitis exercises should be given enough time - at least 30 minutes a day. Fourth, to steadily improve the condition of men, prostatitis exercises should be given time each day, without allowing breaks for even a day.
Types of exercises for prostatitis
The following gradation can be applied to exercises from prostatitis, which is shaped according to the principle of complexity of their application:
- Simple - a complex for men according to Kegel. The backbone of such complexes consists of exercises for prostatitis, which are based on latent (hidden, invisible to others) performance - compression of the anus and its relaxation.
- Medium difficulty - exercises that can be performed lying down or sitting (relevant for overweight men with weak physical base). Such exercises for prostatitis include "scissors", "bicycle", foot swings, rolls on an exercise ball, hip rotation.
- Difficult - a complex that includes exercises, the implementation of which requires maintaining balance, including many muscle groups at work. Exercises for prostatitis from this section include semi-squats, "pendulum" exercises, "barbell" exercises, breathing exercises and more.
All the mentioned groups should be included in the daily band and only in this case the concept of "therapeutic" will be fully justified.
The essence of this is that in order to eliminate the inflammation in the prostate gland, it is necessary to strengthen not only the pelvic floor (its muscular component), but also the back, abdomen and hips. An important point is the normalization of the circulatory system and the heart, which is also achieved with regular exercise for prostatitis.
What exercises should be done daily
To eliminate inflammation, normalize blood circulation and lymph flow, improve prostate function, it is recommended to perform the following list of exercises for prostatitis daily:
- anal contractions according to Kegel - in different positions (sitting, standing, lying down) 50-100 times in one approach, 2-3 approaches per day.
- half squats with knees open - 5-7 squats per set, at least two sets per day.
- bringing the knees to the chest from an upright position (legs together) with a delay of 5 seconds - at least 6 repetitions, two sets a day.
- from a semi-squat position with the body slightly tilted forward, stand up and now extend both arms and one leg to the side - 3-5 reps for each leg, two sets a day.
- Lift the pelvis from the supine position with the legs together and hold the breath at the top of the back arch for 5 seconds - 5-7 repetitions, 2 sets per day.
- from a position lying on your stomach with your hands behind your head, the closed legs are lifted and then stretched and held for a minute, then lowered and normalized breathing - 2 repetitions, up to 3 sets per day.
In general, this complex is enough to normalize the condition of the prostate gland. It is important to remember that if pain occurs, you should stop exercising for several days and then try to repeat it again.